Monday 27 April 2015

A time when I persevered and was successful

When I was younger, I've always wanted a handphone. I constantly bugged my parents to get them to buy me a handphone. One day, they decided to hand me my brother's old phone. Though I was happy I finally got a phone, I was not satisfied. I wanted one that was more advance, one that had touchscreen features and things like that. One day, a week or two before exams, my parents made a promise with me. If I got good results, I would get the chance to decide the phone I wanted to get. So, to achieve such results, I started studying and revising day and night, making sure that I knew everything like the back of my hand. Throughout the examination period, I wasn't nervous but instead, I was confident. Confident to get good results, confident to get the phone I really wanted. When the results came out, I was grinning from ear to ear. My results were fantastic. Though I had always been academically inclined, I was up against the best in my school. That year, I came out as one of the top students in the level. My parents, as promised, got me the HTC Sensation XE that I really wanted. The first time I held my phone in my hands, I could almost cry out of hapiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment