Monday 27 April 2015

A time when I persevered and was successful

As a Primary school student, I would always fail my shuttle run during the National Physical Fitness Award (NAPFA). Every single time, I would sprint with all my energy to get the first beanbag, run back and place it, grab the second beanbag and dash across the finish line. However, even though I was fast, I was not enough to pass. Every failure would bring massive disappointments and anger at not being fast enough. Passing the shuttle run started to turn into a dream. And so, being tired of failing, I started to practice my shuttle run everyday. Be it a weekend or a weekday, I trained. I trained until I was gasping for breath and my limbs felt numb. I was determined to pass my shuttle run and I wouldn't stop training until I did. When I reached Secondary school, I was no longer afraid of the shuttle run. In fact, ever since then I've always aced my shuttle run. I was proud of myself and happy that I could turn my dream into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment