Monday 27 April 2015

A time when I persevered and was successful

It was in Primary Five when I saw my first air-pistol competition on the television. I was envious at how the shooters could should the pellets right into the bullseye. My mother saw me staring at the television screen and told me I could try air-pistol after the Primary School Leaving Examinations. I was disappointed but I still kept my hopes up. At Secondary 1, at the beginning of April, my mum told me that I could take up air-pistol lessons at the nearby Home Team NS and I was so excited that I jumped for joy and thanked my parents. I had to go through a three day selection camp to see if I could really start practising air-pistol. At the end, I found out that I was good in both air-pistol and air-rifle but ultimately chose air-pistol. After three practices and five near-bullseye, I was getting better at air-pistol. I reloaded the pistol and took a deep breath. I slowly pulled the trigger and when the time was right, I pulled it completely and the pellet went flying into the target paper. Pulling back the target paper, I was utterly surprised when I found out I had hit a bullseye. After practice, I voiced to  my parents about what I did and told me to keep up the good work. I was overall delighted about my progress and I could not wait for my next practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment