Sunday 18 January 2015

Poetic devices

                               poetic devices


rhyme examples:Humpty dumpty sat on a wall
                           Humpy dumpty took a great fall

onomatopoeia examples:bang,thump and whistle

simile examples:As quick as lightning

metaphor example:My class mate, John, is a baby

hyperbole example:The torch light shone brighter than the sun

free verse example:Hi

alliteration example:She sells sea-shells down by the sea-shore  

personification example:The sun glared down at me from the sky 

imagery example:When the evening is spread out against the skyLike a patient etherised upon a table

allusion example:This place is like a Garden of Eden

symbolism example Mirror Mirror on the wall, Come see what I have to show you, The hate of my self and all. Let my tears swallow you whole, While you watch in sadness, Kept in your bound madness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment